Wednesday, August 24, 2011

update

August has been the month of nothingness....

I think the reality of moving to Quebec is finally setting in.
The first month was super exciting and almost like we were on an extended vacation.
The second month was full of anxiety and nervousness about not actually leaving.
The third month has been a slap in the face.

 I'm not sure what I thought would happen, I  mean....money has to be spent on living right!? We've been going through our savings WAY faster than I thought we would. Lee's been on over 10 job interviews including 2 second interviews and still nothing has happened yet. We've had to fix some major things on the car and spent a lot of money finishing my residency papers. In the first 2 months we spent over half our savings on just stuff that we NEEDED to spend money on. It's hard to think that we moved into my aunts house for 7 months to save $10,000 and within 3 months that money is almost completely gone!

I'm so ridiculous sometimes it amazes me. I'm mean OF COURSE we'd be spending money, it's what we do! I just didn't take into account that we wouldn't be replacing the money as fast as we spent it which was never an issue before. I've been really good about things though. I'm working a couple of hours a week for a friend of a friend and Lee is still working hourly with his old boss in NY. We're definitely spoiling ourselves a little bit more than we should be..only because when we deny ourselves things in life...then it's no fun!!!

 We decided against the whole getting internet in the house which is why I haven't been blogging as often as I should. There's no cable run through the house and we didn't want to spend money have cable put in when it's not our home. So, we're toughing it out and living at the library and my new favorite bistro La Boite a Pain!

Lee has a phone interview today...I'm crossing my fingers that it goes well! It's a great job...the pay is about $4/h less than what he was making in NY but our cost of living is so much less and they offer GREAT benefits that it'll more than make up the difference!

So, that's what we've been up to the past couple of weeks. It's been a pretty slow month with a lot to think about. Lee and I are doing great and the depression I'm supposed to be feeling hasn't creeped up on me. I'm hoping that it stays that way. I miss writing and taking pictures and hopefully within the next couple of months we'll be in our own place and I'll get back to where I'm supposed to be!

till then.....

No comments:

Post a Comment