Tuesday, June 28, 2011

busy nothings

We're going on our first month of living in Quebec and I have to admit that for how quiet are days have been I can't believe how fast the month of June passed by! I'm glad that it went by fast but also nervous that winter is only 2 months away and we've still had PLENTY of cold days here in June!

The days have sort of melded together forming a couple of weeks where it was gym, french lessons,dinner and repeat. I had hurt my ankle last week and wasn't able to work out which kind of unmotivated me just a wee bit but I'm hoping to get back on track today and STAY THERE! My outfits have kinda been the same dress worn LOTS of different ways, which now that i think about would have been GREAT to blog about but i didn't so that's that.

We've been looking at apartments these past couple of weeks, I can't seem to get the New Yorker out of me and am still thinking that $1500 isn't a lot for an apartment but, over here it is  :(
We were spending $1100 for a basement apartment with NO WINDOWS AND A TINY KITCHEN  and here you can get a 3 bedroom with brickwalls, clawfoot tubs and AMAZING VIEWS for only $400 more. Unfortunately the average person here spends about $500-$700 on a rental not $1500. I need to get my mindset into Quebec dollars and not NYC it's hard but I'm sure we'll find something soon.

as my favorite heroine once said...

“Life seems but a quick succession of busy nothings.” Jane Austen, Fanny Price, Mansfield Park.

No comments:

Post a Comment