Monday, December 5, 2011

confession

i've become truly, madly and deeply in love with......FONDUE!

what is fondue? Well, according to WIKI,  Fondue is a Swiss dish of melted cheese served in a communal pot (caquelon) over a spirit lamp (rechaud), and eaten by dipping long-stemmed forks with bread into the cheese. It was promoted as a Swiss national dish by the Swiss Cheese Union in the 1930s and became popular in North America in the 1960s. Since the 1950s, the name "fondue" has been generalized to other dishes where a food is dipped into a communal pot of hot liquid: chocolate fondue, where pieces of fruit are dipped into a melted chocolate mixture, and fondue bourguignonne, where pieces of meat are cooked in hot oil.

It is SO delish and easy to make, it's a great party meal and maker.
So, Friday my new group of lady friends and I are throwing our significant others a Christmas party! I'm contemplating on what to bring mainly because I hate only bringing 1 dish. So, I'm thinking of making a cake similar to one I made last week. It was a moist chocolate cake with almond buttercream filling and had a chocolate ganache poured over it. Needless to say, it was fucking awesome! lol
I'm also thinking of making my own bruschetta and garlic toasts, and lastly........

It's a Baked Fontina Cheese fondue and it literally has my mouth drooling! I cannot wait to try it and it's honestly so simple that it should take about 15 minutes out of my prep time. I'm now on the hunt for a really good fontina to make this recipe a homerun! 

I'll let you know how it goes.....Are you guys going to any Christmas parties? Are you making or wearing anything special? oh and if you get a chance I would strongly advise that you try that chocolate cake. it really was amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment