Wednesday, December 14, 2011

what a week!

This has been quite a busy week for me and the weekend is looking to be just as full!

First, I started school this week. Going from not doing anything all day for 6 months to taking French Classes for 26 hours a week takes A LOT of adjusting. I'm enjoying it and really impressed with how much french I've retained since highschool but at the same time it's mentally exhausting and nerve wrecking. I think what's helping me out the most is having the great group of girls I've met. They're really helping me cope and adjust to school life once again.
Dodgeball happened this week like usual and our team is currently in SECOND place! We really came out of nowhere and I don't think anyone expected us to do as well as we did. It's so much fun and I'm sad that the season is ending next week. We're hoping for a 1st place victory but we'll be happy for even 2nd or 3rd.
On Wednesday the ladies and I volunteered at a food drive. It was interesting but fun and we just kind of made a game out of it. I was glad to be able to do something like that. I've always talked about volunteering and now I'm actually doing it. It's a good feeling :)
Yesterday, Lee and I went to a happy hour at the Morrin Centre Library. It was a good time and we mingled and met lots of new people. After we came home and watched some Dexter. I love Dexter! LOL
Today I'm actually skipping school to go to a meeting with Immigration Quebec. They're going to be testing me and evaluating my french knowledge to see what kind of programs they can offer me and also to see if I'll qualify for financial aid. fingers crossed also I have to order Lee's Giant Birthday Cupcake!! lol (it's what he wanted!)
Tomrrow we MUST finish our Christmas presents and finish buying some also. Then we're heading to the bar with Miranda and some friends to have a few drinks and Celebrate Lee and Simon's birthday weekend (simon is one of our Spaceball teammates) And then sunday is Lee's actual game day party! We're hanging with some friends and playing games and making pizzas! it should be a good time.  :)

I've been trying to keep my camera around more than usual so hopefully I'll have some pictures to take and will post on monday!

Have a great weekend!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment