Sunday, September 4, 2011

Bright Side

September is seeming much better than August already! Leevan took the job as a Tech Support for a call center that deals with Teleconferencing and I'm working 3-4 days a week cleaning condos and chalets. It's definitely not the most glamorous job but for now it'll do.

I'm hoping to hear something about my visa within the next month or so. I'd really love to have my greencard before the new year but I'm not holding my breath.

Leevan and I have decided to stay with our friends for as long as they'll keep us. It's really not a bad situation and it allows for us to save, buy furniture and stuff we need and want at a good and reasonable pace. I would have HATED buying furniture at Ikea again...only to throw/give it away in a year or so. This time we're buying things we love and with an actual design in mind! It's really exciting :D Yesterday we went to a thrift store and found this great wooden coffee table with barrels as legs and a matching ottoman for $20!!! We snatched it up right away. We also went to this antique store and bought this beautiful antique milk crate for $15. They also have this STUNNING dresser I'm lusting over and Lee says that if it's there in a month or so then we'll pay the $250 for it. I'm hoping and wishing and dreaming with all my heart that no one buys it. We're also not planning on renting because I'm SICK AND TIRED of moving!!!!!! We've moved an outrageous number of times in the past 5 years and I'm just done with it. I want our next move to be into our new home. We just now rebuilding our credit and it'll take a year or 2 to re-establish our credit line(sadly my great credit and lee's perfect credit didn't move with us) but once we've established it and by that time hopefully have saved $15-$20k we'll be able to buy a condo in this great up and coming neighborhood of Limoilou. We have it all planned out and once we're home owners we really want to do the baby thing! I'm so excited that Lee's on board with this. It's been eating at me for a while now and though 2 years may seem like a while, I know it's going to fly by.


That's about it for right now. I'm hoping to get my hair done tonight and my eyebrows did. Then MAYBE i'll take some ootd photos! I know i'm long over due.


have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment