Thursday, July 7, 2011

Thrift Fun


skinny jeans: Faith21
Top: Forever21 +
shoes: Jessica Simpson via Marshalls
earrings/heart necklace: Forever21
Key Necklace: (made) chain from old necklace, key from antique store.
bangles: re/dress



I picked up this AMAZING purse and bracelet at the thrift store right down the block from us! I paid $2 for both items and I was so excited about the deal that I did a little happy dance as I left the store. 

I've been absolutely and positively addicted to Pinterest.com. It has led me to believe that I am a crafty person and can do whatever I want to as long as I have a glue gun and glitter in hand! For that reason, I've picked up some other items not pictured in the thrift store:
an old frame (making a jewelry holder)
3 ornate silver platters (making magnetic note holders and maybe a chalkboard)
2 glass milk bottles (might keep as is, or paint)
a mini loaf pan (made the most amazing berry bread thing this morning!)
food scale (i plan on making macarons this weekend and needed one)
those items along with a 2 things my husband wanted
plus the purse and bracelet
we spent  $13

I love spending so little money and getting so much! 
we plan on going back next week and I'm super excited about what we'll find next.
******
OH! btw, my insanely, wonderful husband decided to surprise me with something I've been LUSTING over for ever! 
I am the now proud owner of beautiful KitchenAid Standing Mixer and am elated with joy! 
I honestly have to refrain from baking everything on my wishlist now!


Buttermilk Blueberry Breakfast Loaf
(i didn't have 2 cups of blueberries so i mixed it up with 1/2 cup of raspberries, 1/2 cup of black berries and
1 cup blueberries. also, i didn't use lemon zest because i didn't have any on hand!)

1 comment:

  1. hey darlin! I love the outfit, I have that same shirt in stripes and in black! woohoo! :D looks reat on you and im loving your bracelette!

    thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving some comment love. i appreciate it! :D love your blog too am a follower

    xo
    a_Riot
    www.thickthreads.net

    ReplyDelete