Friday, July 1, 2011

sugar and spice


dress: Faded Glory
cardi: old navy
sandals: forever21
necklace: forever21
bangles: re/dress


i've been feeling like such a suzy homemaker lately.
i LOVE baking, it's really one of my favorite past times but sadly before moving to Canada and leaving my job I never really had much time for it. When we we're living with my family I definitely didn't have the liberty of baking unless it was for a special occasion and it was approved  by my aunt. Needless to say, I didn't get much baking done in those 8 months. But now, it's baking every week (i try to be good!) and baking whatever I want! I've created a fan base over here, with the neighbors and the friends we're living with ( i try to share so that we don't eat it all) and it's just a BLAST! My hubby took a nap the other day and I wanted to whip him up something quick and easy. 
I found these Old-Fashioned Sugar Cookies from Martha Stewart and they looked so yummy that I HAD to try!


I kept the same recipe but I subbed the lemon zest and juice for orange zest and juice and added 1tsp of lime juice and zest to cut the sweetness of the orange. Also, 1tbsp of vanilla (i put vanilla in everything)

they came out delicious and my hubby was super excited when he woke up! The neighbors and the rest of the household was also super pleased! 

fun fact: the house smelled like vanilla and oranges for the rest of the day!


No comments:

Post a Comment